With the holiday season just around the corner, many of us are getting ready for festive celebrations and gatherings with our friends and loved ones. While traditional perfumes and body sprays are always available at the stores, sometimes we want to go the extra mile and create something unique and special. Making your own DIY natural body spray with the use of festive-smelling essential oils can be a great way to add a touch of personalized magic to your holiday experience. Not only is it a fun and easy activity to do, but it also allows you to create a custom scent that is entirely your own. With the added benefits of avoiding harsh chemicals and fragrances, this DIY project is sure to be a hit with everyone, and it might even become a new holiday tradition!
Why Choose Essential Oil Body Spray Over Commercial Body Sprays?
- Natural Ingredients. Essential oil body sprays are made with natural ingredients. These ingredients are safe for the skin and provide a pleasant scent without synthetic fragrances. Essential oil body sprays also contain nourishing ingredients that can help moisturize and protect the skin from environmental damage.
- Non-Toxic. Essential oil body sprays are non-toxic and safe for use on skin and clothing. Unlike commercial body sprays, which often contain toxic chemicals such as phthalates and parabens, essential oils are naturally derived from plants and are free from any harmful ingredients. This makes them much safer for your skin and the environment than traditional body sprays.
- Customizable Scents. Finally, one of the best things about using an essential oil body spray is that you can customize the scent to your liking! Most commercial body sprays come in pre-made scents, but with an essential oil blend, you can mix and match different oils until you find a scent that works for you. You can also experiment with different combinations until you find something truly unique and special just for you!
What’s in This Natural Body Spray Recipe?
Lemon Essential Oil
With its sweet and citrusy aroma, Lemon Essential Oil creates an uplifting and refreshing scent. Whether you’re looking for a pick-me-up in the morning or a quick refresh after a workout, Lemon is a must-have ingredient.
Spearmint Essential Oil
Spearmint Essential Oil boasts a sweet and minty aroma and has the ability to both energize and calm. How can one oil do both? The answer lies in its unique composition. Spearmint Essential Oil contains high levels of menthol, a naturally occurring compound that can invigorate and soothe the senses. Plus, when used in a body spray recipe, it can provide a refreshing and long-lasting scent that is perfect for everyday wear.
Winter Spice Essential Oil Blend
If you’re searching for an oil that will leave you feeling refreshed and uplift your mood, look no further than the Winter Spice Essential Oil Blend. With a warm and spicy aroma, this combination of oils is perfect for the colder months and will have you feeling cozy and comforted all season long.
Fractionated Coconut Oil
Fractionated Coconut Oil helps dilute the potent essential oils that give the spray its delightful scent and has many other amazing benefits. It is incredibly moisturizing and nourishing for the skin, and it’s lightweight and non-greasy, making it the perfect carrier oil for a body spray.
Another key ingredient you won’t want to skip is distilled water. It serves as the base for the recipe and also gives the recipe a longer shelf life because it is clean and free of any impurities. By using distilled water, you can ensure that your DIY body spray will last longer and remain fresh while keeping your body refreshed and rejuvenated.
Natural Solubilizer (optional)
A natural solubilizer helps bind your oils and water together so you don’t have to shake your body spray every time you want to use it. It also ensures that your body spray has a consistent scent and texture. Plus, since they’re natural, you don’t have to worry about exposing yourself to harsh chemicals.
Geogard ECT Preservative (optional)
Looking for a way to make your natural body spray last longer without compromising on its all-natural ingredients? Look no further than Geogard ECT Preservative. This natural preservative ensures your body spray stays fresh and effective for as long as possible. Made from natural sources, Geogard ECT is both effective and eco-friendly, making it the perfect choice for anyone who wants to take care of their body while also taking care of the planet.
Things to Remember When Using This Recipe
Always dilute an essential oil when using it on the skin. This essential oil recipe is unlikely to cause skin irritation when diluted properly. If the oil has been oxidized (left with the cap off for long periods of time) it is more likely to cause skin irritation. Check out this dilution chart for diluting this essential oil properly.
If you are pregnant, consult your doctor prior to use.
This recipe is safe to use with kids aged 2+.
For more information on using essential oils with cats, check out this blog post.
For more information on using essential oils with dogs, check out this blog post.
We don’t recommend ingesting essential oils unless under the direction of a doctor certified in aromatherapy. For more information on why we don’t ingest essential oils check out this blog post.
Please note: This post is a compilation of suggestions made by those who have extensively used essential oils and has not been verified scientifically with clinical tests nor reviewed by medical experts. It is anecdotal information and should be treated as such. For serious medical concerns, please consult your doctor. The statements given in this blog post have not been verified by the FDA
DIY Holiday Body Spray Recipe
DIY Holiday Body Spray Recipe
Time: 5 minutes
Dilution Rate: 5%
Estimated Shelf Life: 9 months with preservative
- FROM YOUR BOX
2 drops Lemon Essential Oil
1 drop Spearmint Essential Oil
1 drop Winter Spice Essential Oil Blend
1 tsp fractionated coconut oil
10mL perfume spray bottle
- FROM YOUR HOME
1 tsp distilled water
20 drops Natural Solubilizer 🛒(optional)
Geogard ECT Preservative 🛒 (optional)
- In a small liquid measuring cup, mix together essential oils and fractionated coconut oil. Or, if using a natural solubilizer, mix that with the essential oils instead of the carrier oil.
- While stirring, add water to the measuring cup.
- If using a preservative, add it according to the preservative’s instructions.
- Pour the body spray into the perfume spray bottle.
- To use, shake, and spray onto the body and enjoy the aroma.
- Lemon Essential Oil is phototoxic, but is unlikely to have phototoxic effects in this recipe when made as written. When used with a natural solubilizer, the dilution rate is 2.5%.