Just like any girl, I like doing my makeup once in a while. I’m not exactly the best at it but it’s all about having fun and experimenting until you get it right. The one thing I’m really bad at is doing my eye makeup. Blending eyeshadow is very tricky! It takes A LOT of patience.
Aside from having difficulties to make it look good, I also have a problem finding a nice, inexpensive palette that has clean ingredients. Ones that are sold in big stores can be so expensive. I don’t want to spend so much on something I haven’t been the best at. So I thought, why not make an eyeshadow palette with the colors I want and not spend a little bit too much?
What I Love About This Recipe
- I can mix and match colors! Who doesn’t love a custom palette?
- It’s surprisingly easy to make.
- This really makes me so giddy! I can play with my daughter during our princess hour.
What’s in the Eyeshadow Recipe?
For the base of each recipe, these ingredients will be needed:
- 1/2 tsp Arrowroot Powder
- ¼ tsp Coconut Oil (solid)
Pale Pink Color
- 1/2 tsp. dried alkanet root powder
- 1/8 tsp. cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp. allspice
- 3/4 tsp. beetroot powder
- 1/4 tsp. cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp. cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Turmeric
Things to Remember When Using This Recipe
Never ingest any essential oil, even if it’s generally regarded as safe. For more information on why we don’t ingest essential oils, check out this blog post.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Homemade Natural Eyeshadow Recipe
Make your own Eyeshadow Recipe
1/2 tsp Arrowroot Powder
¼ tsp Coconut Oil (solid)
1/2 tsp. dried alkanet root powder
1/8 tsp. cocoa powder
3/4 tsp. allspice
3/4 tsp. beetroot powder
1/4 tsp. cocoa powder
3/4 tsp. cocoa powder
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. Turmeric
- In a small bowl place arrowroot powder.
- Add the desired color and mix until color is smooth and even (a toothpicks works well for this) and there are no clumps.
- Melt coconut oil and add it to the mixture. Stir until mixture is crumbly and coconut oil is evenly distributed.
- Press into eyeshadow container.
- To use, apply to a small brush or use your finger and apply eyeshadow as you would normally.
Beauty Can Be All Natural!
This homemade natural eyeshadow recipe can allow you to look beautiful without using nasty chemicals on your face! Let us know what you think about this recipe by commenting below or connecting with us on social media @fromsimplyearth!
Subscribe today to our Essential Oil Recipe Box. Each month, you can receive four full-size 100% pure essential oils, six natural recipes, plus the ingredients you need to make them in our Recipe Box.
With the box, you’ll learn new ways to use essential oils, make more essential oil roll-on recipes, and have the peace of mind that you are making your home toxin-free. This month of April, we focus on Home Detox. This box is worth over $150 if priced from the Big Essential Oil Companies. You get all those goodies from Simply Earth for only $44.99. Go get it!