Are you looking for a unique stocking stuffer idea? Something that will really impress your friends and family?
This DIY Macrame Plant Hanger is perfect for the plant lover or anyone who loves boho decor! This beautiful handmade plant hanger also doubles as an essential oil diffuser, so your loved one can enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy while adding some visual interest to their space.
Best of all, they’re easy to make! With just a few supplies and some basic macrame skills (don’t worry, we’ll teach you everything you need to know), you can whip up this plant hanger in no time. So get creative and add a personal touch to your holiday gifts this year with this Mini Macrame Plant Hanger!
What I Love About This Plant Hanger
This mini macrame plant hanger is the perfect size for small spaces, and it adds a touch of charm to the room. I was a little worried that it might be difficult to put together, but it’s actually really easy.
The best part is that it doubles as an essential oil diffuser. I just add a few drops of my favorite essential oil to the wooden beads, and the aroma fills the room. It’s so relaxing!
What’s in This DIY Macrame Plant Hanger
Macrame rope is the perfect material for a mini plant hanger. It’s strong and durable, yet flexible enough to be easily manipulated into a variety of shapes, perfect for creating intricate patterns and designs.
Round Wood Bead
A round wood bead makes a perfect finishing touch for your macrame plant hanger. They look great against the natural fibers of the macrame and double as a natural diffuser.
The ring bead adds just the right amount of weight to your hanger, and it helps keep your plants in place. Plus, it adds a little extra personality and looks great with the macrame rope.
Cassia Essential Oil
Cassia Essential Oil is great for uplifting your mood. The fresh, herby smell of Cassia is guaranteed to brighten your day. Add a few drops to the plant hanger to enjoy it while you admire your plants.
Things to Remember When Using This Recipe
Some essential oil recipes are not generally safe to use if you are pregnant. Consult your doctor prior to use.
This essential oil recipe is safe to use with kids aged 10+.
For more information on using essential oils with cats, check out this blog post.
For more information on using essential oils with dogs, check out this blog post.
We don’t recommend ingesting essential oils unless under the direction of a doctor certified in aromatherapy. For more information on why we don’t ingest essential oils check out this blog post.
*Please note: This post is a compilation of suggestions made by those that have extensively used essential oils and has not been verified scientifically with clinical tests nor reviewed by medical experts. It is anecdotal information and should be treated as such. For serious medical concerns, please consult your doctor. The statements given in this blog post have not been verified by the FDA
Mini Macrame Plant Hanger Recipe
DIY Macrame Plant Hanger Diffuser
Time: 10 minutes
Est. Shelf Life: stable
Yield: 1 plant hanger
1 round wood bead
1 ring bead
2 drops Cassia Essential Oil
Small plant or jar (~ 2 inches in height and diameter, a baby food jar works great!)
- Cut the macrame rope into 4 strands measuring 29.5 inches (75 cm) in length each.
- Hold the 4 strands in your hand so that they hang evenly. Fold the strands in half.
- Place the fold you created through the inside of the ring bead. Lift the bottoms of the string through the fold and around the ring bead to create a knot attached to the ring bead.
- You should now have eight strands of macrame rope hanging down and tied to the ring bead. Separate the strands into pairs so that you have 4 groups of 2 strands.
- Take one pair of strings and tie an overhand knot about 2.5 inches below the ring bead. To tie an overhand knot, hold the two strings together, create a loop, and pull the end of the strings through the loop. Repeat for each group.
- Separate your pairs of strings and regroup them in a new pair with the other string lying next to it and create an overhand knot as described in the previous step. Tie these knots 1 inch below the first knots. You should end up with a circle of knotted strings that look similar to a basketball net.
- Group all of your strings together at the bottom and tie an overhand knot.
- Use the remaining macrame rope and place it through the ring bead. Pull the ends of the string through the round bead. Tip: try taping the ends of the macrame rope to make it easier.
- Place a small potted plant or jar inside your macrame hanger and hang. To use as a diffuser, add 2 drops of Cassia Essential Oil (or any of your favorite Simply Earth Essential Oils) to the wood bead.
Add A Touch Of Greenery To Any Room
If you’re looking for a fun and easy way to add some greenery to your living space, or want to give a unique handcrafted gift, this DIY mini macrame plant hanger is the perfect project for you. With just a few simple materials and tools, you can create a beautiful piece of home decor that also functions as a diffuser. How many of these plant hangers will you make and give as gifts? We’d love to hear about it on social media with @fromsimplyearth and in the comments below!
Are you ready to master essential oils? You get FREE access to our Hero Course if you subscribe to our Monthly Essential Oil Recipe Box. With it, you’ll receive 4 Pure Essential Oils, 6 Aromatherapist-Created Recipes, and FREE Essential Oil Recipe Supplies for Life—all delivered directly to your door each month for just $44.99/month. Plus, we’ll give you a FREE Big Bonus Box!
Don’t miss out on the all-natural fun that comes with the Recipe Box; get yours today: Subscribe now to learn how to use essential oils!