When my sister was 18 she decided it would be fun to go to the pound and take home a puppy. But since she was leaving for college the next year, the responsibility of taking care of this second dog fell onto the rest of the family. Thankfully she was an easy dog to have around and soon became a beloved fixture to our small acreage.
The dog, Riley, was pretty independent and enjoyed roaming around hunting. She seemed fearless. That’s why it came as such a shock when we realized she was afraid of thunderstorms. The first time we learned of it, she about broke down the door in the garage trying to get near us. We quickly learned from this lesson and tried to prepare when we knew a storm was coming our way by making sure she was in the house.
But sometimes a storm would come while we were away and poor Riley would hide under a bed. Different situations can cause pets anxiety from thunderstorms to the daily trials of having their people leave for work or school. When pets face anxiety it can often turn into destroying things (like Riley’s attempt at our door) out of desperation. That’s why we created this Anti Anxiety Diffuser Blend. Diffuse this blend when you know anxiety will likely occur to help calm your pet.
For this recipe you will need:
In an open room, take your diffuser and add 2 drops of Peace and Quiet Essential Oil Blend.
Then add 1 drop of Juniper Berry Essential Oil.
Put the cover back on and turn your diffuser on. Don’t forget to leave the room’s door open so your pet can leave anytime it wants.
If you love the blend, create a master blend filling a 5 mL bottle from your bonus box using 80 drops Peace and Quiet Essential Oil Blend and 40 drops Juniper Berry. Add 1-3 drops to your diffuser.
What I love about this recipe
I love that pet owners can have the peace of mind when they leave the house that their pet will be calm and cared for.
- Start slowly when introducing essential oils to your pet. Let them smell the combination of oils before using this recipe. If your pet reacts negatively, using it could cause them emotional discomfort.
- Cats tend to be more sensitive to essential oils than dogs. They may not like the citrus oils used in the Peace and Quiet Blend. Try using Juniper Berry Essential Oil instead if your cat isn’t a fan of our Peace and Quiet Blend.
- For using essential oils with cats check out this blogpost.
- For using essential oils with dogs Check out this blogpost.
- Please note: This post is a compilation of suggestions made by those that have extensively used essential oils and has not been verified scientifically with clinical tests nor reviewed by medical experts. It is anecdotal information and should be treated as such. For serious medical concerns, please consult your doctor.
What makes your pet anxious? Share in the comments below!